If you are like me, you love venison and there are so many ways to prepare it. My family is full of picky eaters including my wife and finding just the right meal can sometimes be difficult. This one really works.
Delicious slices of venison, peppers, and onions are just what you need to keep the family smiling.
- 1-2 Pounds Thin venison steaks or tenderloin
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Large Onion quartered and slices
- 1 Large bell pepper with seeds removed and sliced into thin strips
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Soft flour tortillas (I sometimes use wheat tortillas)
- 16 Oz package of shredded nacho or cheddar cheese
- 1 medium tomato - diced
- Sour cream
- Salt and pepper
- Slice venison into 1/4 inch wide strips and trim any excess fat
- Add olive oil to a large cast iron skillet over medium heat
- Add peppers and onions and cook until onions are tender and slightly translucent
- Add venison to skillet and toss with peppers and onions
- Add Worcestershire sauce and salt and pepper
- Continue to cook over medium heat until venison is fully cooked (about 10 minutes)
- Place venison, peppers, and onions on a tortilla shell
- Top with sour cream, tomatoes, and cheese
Everyone gets to determine how much pepper, onion, sour cream, tomatoes, and cheese they want. Making this meal easy to customize to meet the different tastes of your family or friends.